An iron fullrigged ship built in 1877 by Walter Wood & Co., Aberdeen.
Dimensions 259'6"×39'4"×23'6" and 1671 GRT, 1598 NRT and 1464 tons
Equipped with the latest improvements of labour saving devices such as a donkey engine, steam windlass and steam condenser.
- 1877 July
- Launched at the shipyard of Walter Wood & Co., Aberdeen, for Aberdeen White Star Line (G. Thompson & Co.), Aberdeen.
Assigned the official British Reg. No. 70463 and signal QTFG. Captain Largie was given command of the new ship.
- 1877 October 17 - December 3
- Sailed from Plymouth to Sydney in 74 days.
- 1879 August 30 - November 14
- Sailed from Lizard Point to Sydney in 76 days.
- 1883 September 27 - December 14
- Sailed from the Channel to Sydney in 78 days.
- Captain John Henderson.
- Sold to Leif Gundersen, Porsgrunn, Norway.
- Captain J.M. Skaugen.
- Sold to Pettersen & Ullenæss.
- Captain Kr. Knudsen.
- Sold to Skibsaktieselskabet Andø (R. Boye), Kristiansand.
- Sold to Christianssands Shipping Co. Ltd. and was renamed Sjursjø.
- Captain J.A. Johnsen.
- Sold to Skibsaktieselskabet Otra (Lars Jørgensen), Kristiansand.
- Sold to Lars Fredriksen, Kristiania.
- Captain G. Kinander.
- Out of register.
- Re-rigged as a barque.
Updated 1999-11-13 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.