An iron full-rigged ship built in 1874 by Reiherstieg Werft, Hamburg.
Dimensions 61,85×10,22×6,41 meters [202'8"×33'5"×21'_"] and 492 CL, 1070 GRT and 985 NRT.
Rigged with double topsails and single topgallant sails.
- Launched at the shipyard of Reiherstieg Werft, Hamburg, for F. Laeisz, Hamburg.
Assigned the German signal RHDG.
- In command of Captain J.H.C. Schwaner.
- Sailed from Hongkong to Anjer in 70 [?] days. [Meyer]
- Sailed from Scilly to Acapulco in 116 days.
- Sailed from Acapulco to San Francisco in 25 days.
- Sailed San Francisco to Queenstown for orders in 140 days.
- Sailed from Singapore to the Channel in 129 days.
- In command of Captain J.P.M. Thedens.
- In command of Captain C.F.E.J. Bahlcke.
- Sailed from Lizard Point to Rangoon in 116 days.
- Sailed from Rangoon to the Channel in 117 days.
- Sailed from Lizard Point to Valparaiso in 92 days.
- Sailed from Valparaiso to Iquique in 12 days.
- Sailed from Iquique to the Channel in 118 days.
- Sailed from Lizard Point to Valparaiso in 89 days.
- Sailed from Caleta Buena to the Channel in 123 days.
- In command of Captain A. Reitmann.
- 1890 January 12
- Sailed from Iquique with a cargo of 11239 sacks of nitrate.
Under command of Captain Reitman and with a crew of 17 men.
- 1890 April 22
- Passed Lizard Point.
- 1890 April
- Grounded at Beachy Head and was later sold to be broken up.
Updated 2000-09-15 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.