An iron barque built in 1887 by Blohm & Voss, Hamburg, as Yard No. 51.
Dimensions 69,50×10,98×6,23 meters [227'7"×35'9"×20'7"] and
1273/1256 GRT and 1231 NRT and 1123 tons under deck.
- 1887 February 19
- Launched at the shipyard of Blohm & Voss, Hamburg, for F. Laeisz, Hamburg.
Assigned the German signal RHDG.
- In command of Captain C. Bahlke.
- Sailed from the English Channel to Valparaiso in 61 days.
- Sailed from Iquique to the English Channel in 98 days.
- In command of Captain O. Schmidt.
- Sailed from Lizard Point to Pensacola in 43 days.
- Sailed from Pensacola to Rio de Janeiro in 73 days.
- In command of Captain E.H. Hellwege.
- Sailed from Lizard Point to Iquique in 72 days.
- Sailed from Caleta Buena to Lizard in 89 days.
- Sailed from Lizard Point to Mazatlan in 116 days.
- Sailed from Manzanillo to Columbia River in 20 days.
- 1896 December 19
- Stranded on Long Beach at the entrance to the Columbia River and became a total loss.
- 1897 May
- The wreck was sold to Foard & Stokes, Astoria, OR.
Updated 1997-05-08 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives.
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.