A steel barque built in 1887 by Blohm & Voss, Hamburg, as Yard No. 52.
Dimensions 72,80×11,64×6,27 meters [238'8"×38'1"×20'5"] and tonnage 1445 GRT, 1417 NRT and 1300 tons under deck.
- 1887 April 23
- Launched at the shipyard of Blohm & Voss, Hamburg, for
F. Laeisz, Hamburg.
Assigned the German signal RHDN.
- In command of Captain G. Schlüter.
- Sailed from Lizard to Valparaiso in 65 days.
- In command of Captain C.F. Blöse.
- Sailed from Isle of Wight to Valparaiso in 65 days.
- In command of Captain M. Grapow.
- In command of Captain F. Junge.
- In command of Captain G. Lessel.
- 1908 May 21
- Sold to Mathias Lundqvist, Vårdö, Åland, for £ 4000.
The Finnish measurements were 76,87×11,44×6,17 meters and tonnage 1446 GRT, 1363 NRT and 2100 DWT.
Captain Hugo Lundqvist was put into command of the ship.
- Sold to Hugo Lundqvist, Mariehamn. The new master of the ship was Captain L. Simola.
- The royal yards were removed.
- 1936 March
- Sold to Copenhagen to be broken up.
- Square-rigged ships, general references.
- Lille, Sten & Grönstrand, Lars: Finlands djupvattenseglare.
Etelä-soumen kustannus oy, Lieto, 1979. 4to, 224 pp, ill.
Updated 1997-06-14 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives.
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.