An iron barque built in 1887 by Russell & Co., Port Glasgow, as yard no. 163.
Dimensions: 205'0"×33'5"×19'8" and tonnage: 1027 GRT, 1000 NRT, 1600 DWT and 954 tons under deck.
- 1887 March
- Launched at the shipyard of Russell & Co., Port Glasgow, for J. Fairlie, Glasgow. Assigned the official British Reg. No. 93370 and signal KLNV.
- Sold to Jens A.A. Marcussen, Risør, Norway and was renamed Alfa. [Norske Seilskuter has 1908 and Askerøien, Lungør as port of registration]
- Captain K.O. Bosvig.
- Captain Th. Thorsen.
- 1915 August 26
- Sold to Rederi AB Quinta (Ivar Lignell), Gothenburg, for SEK 125.000 and was renamed Senta. Assigned the official Swedish Reg. No. 5741 and signal JVKS.
The Swedish tonnage figures were: 1027 GRT, 927 NRT and 1600 DWT.
Captain Carl Anton Johansson Aspgren, Oskarshamn, was given command of the ship.
- 1916 December 3
- Sailed from Gothenburg with a cargo of 441 standards of timber for Delagoa Bay, South Africa.
- 1916 December 4
- Sunk by a German submarine 6 miles S of Ryvingen. The crew was picked up the Norwegain steamer Mia of Stavanger.
- Square-rigged ships, general references.
- Svenska järn- och stålseglare.
Båtologen Årg. 29-31 (1991-93).
Updated 1997-05-14 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives.
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.