A steel barque built in 1883 by J. Reid & Co., Glasgow.
Dimensions 199'7"×31'2"×19'5" and tonnage 814 GRT, 773 NRT and 786 tons under deck.
- 1883 September
- Launched at the shipyard of J. Reid & Co., Glasgow, for W. & J. Lockett, Liverpool. Assigned the official British Reg No. 87890 and signal HWQT. Captain J. Thompson was given command of the ship.
- Sold to C.J. Klingenberg & Co., Bremen, and was renamed Hansa.
- Sold to Rederi AB Septa (K.J. Holmqvist), Åbo, for £ 2400. The Finnish measurements were 840 GRT and 750 NRT.
Captain J.F. Lindroos became the first master for the new owners.
- 1914 May 23
- Left Buenos Ayres with a cargo of linseed for Falmouth for orders.
Was sighted a few days later during a severe storm by the ship Triton
of Vasa. The Septa was never heard of again.
- Svenska järn- och stålseglare.
Båtologen Årg. 30 (1992).
Updated 1997-04-06 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives.
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.