A wooden barque built in 1858 at Sunderland.
Dimensions 128'5"×27'5"×18'0" and 441 tons.
- 1858 October
- Launched in Sunderland, for Burnett & Co., Newcastle.
Assigned the official British Reg. No. 20749 and signal NCLG.
- Sold to Devitt & Moore, London.
- In command of Captain J. Wynn.
- In command of Captain Toovey.
- Sold to Low & Co., Greenock.
- 1869 September 13
- Sailed from Glasgow for Yokohama.
- 1870 April 1
- Wrecked at Yeddo Bay, Japan. Four men of the crew of 14 lost
- Square-rigged ships, general references.
- Course, A.G.: Painted Ports. The story of the ships of
Messrs Devitt and Moore.
Hollis & Carter, London, 1961. 8vo, x, 230 pp, 6 plates.
- Lubbock, Basil: The Colonial Clippers.
Brown, Ferguson & Son, Glasgow, 1948 (2nd).
Updated 1997-05-06 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives.
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.