An iron fullrigged ship built in 1883 by R. Duncan & Co., Port Glasgow, as yard no. 196.
Dimensions: 254'1"×39'0"×22'9" and tonnage: 1603 GRT, 1528 NRT and 1449 tons under deck.
- Launched at the shipyard of Skelmorlie Ship Co. (R. Duncan & Co.), Port Glasgow, for T.O. Hunter & Co., Greenock. Assigned the official British Reg. No. 87398 and signal JDRB. Captain G. Halliday.
- Sold to
Ant. Dom. Bordes et Fils, Dunkerque and was renamed Cerro Alegre.
- Sold to J. Oelckers, Puerto Montt, Chile, and was renamed Puerto Montt.
- 1917 October
- Sold to Transoceana Rederi AB, Gothenburg, and was renamed Transocean.
- 1918 June 26
- Sold to Rederi AB Othalia, Helsingborg, for SEK 1.000.000 and was renamed .
- Captain Peter Sigfrid Sörensson, Råå.
- 1921 May 6
- Sold at auction to C.G. Carlström, Helsingborg, for SEK 50.000.
Captain Olof Bernhard Björk, Råå.
- 1924 April
- Sold to Kallentin Svensson and partners, Viken, for SEK 43.500. When the ship had been rigged off the hull was sold to a buyer in Dortmund for SEK 46.000.
- 1924 May 27
- The hull was towed from Helsingborg by a German tug.
- Square-rigged ships, general references.
- Svenska järn- och stålseglare.
Båtologen Årg. 29-31 (1991-93).
Updated 1997-06-14 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives.
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.