A steel full-rigged ship built in 1891 by T.R. Oswald, Milford Haven, as Yard
Dimensions 310'3"×42'2"×25'6" and 2875 GRT and 2712 NRT.
Rigged with a main skysail and single topgallant sails.
Together with her sistership the
Ditton (1891), the largest three-masted ships built.
- 1891 March
- Launched at the shipyard of T.R. Oswald, Milford Haven, for R.W. Leyland & Co., Liverpool.
Assigned the official British Reg. No. _____ and signal ____.
- In command of Captain James Gyllencreutz late of the same owner's ship Allerton.
- Captain F. Stott.
- Captain Tilston late of the Wavertree was given command of the ship.
- 1905 February 21
- Stranded at Kitty Miller's Bay, Phillip Island, Australia, on voyage from Sydney Heads to Melbourne.
- Square-rigged ships, general references.
- Lubbock, Basil: The Last Windjammers.
Brown, Ferguson & Son, Glasgow, 1926 [?].
- Walker, David: Champion of Sail. R.W. Leyland and his Shipping
Conway Maritime Press, London, 1986. 4to, 191 pp, ill.
Updated 1997-05-15 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives.
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.