A steel full-rigged ship built in 1891 by T.R. Oswald, Milford Haven, as Yard No. 260. Dimensions 310'3"×42'2"×25'6" and 2875 GRT and 2712 NRT. Rigged with a main skysail and single topgallant sails. Together with her sistership the Ditton (1891), the largest three-masted ships built.
1891 March
Launched at the shipyard of T.R. Oswald, Milford Haven, for R.W. Leyland & Co., Liverpool. Assigned the official British Reg. No. _____ and signal ____.
In command of Captain James Gyllencreutz late of the same owner's ship Allerton.
Captain F. Stott.
Captain Tilston late of the Wavertree was given command of the ship.
1905 February 21
Stranded at Kitty Miller's Bay, Phillip Island, Australia, on voyage from Sydney Heads to Melbourne.


Updated 1997-05-15 by Lars Bruzelius

Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives.

Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.