An iron full-rigged ship built in 1869 by Oswald & Co., Sunderland, as yard no. 77.
Dimensions: 158'4"×27'2"×15'0" and tonnage: 449 tons.
- 1869 February
- Launched at the shipyard of Oswald & Co., Sunderland, for J. Parker, London. Assigned the official British Registration No. 60915.
- 1875 March
- Sold to Magnus Backelin, Fjellbacka, for SEK 100.000 and was renamed Mathias. Assigned the Swedish signal HMFN.
Captain C.A. Hansson.
- 1883 May 5
- Stranded when sailing out of Santa Fé, Paraná River. The received damages were considerable and she was condemned.
- 1884 Spring
- The wreck was bought by an Australian.
- 1885 July
- After successfully having salvage the wreck it was repaired and registered by W.R. Cave & Co., Adelaide.
- Sold to Adelaide Steam Tug Co. Ltd., Adelaide, and was altered to a hulk.
- Square-rigged ships, general references.
- Svenska järn- och stålseglare.
Båtologen Årg. 29-31 (1991-93).
Updated 1997-04-16 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives.
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.