An iron fullrigged ship built in 1882 by T. Royden & Sons, Liverpool.
Dimensions 250'5"×40'2"×24'0" and 1840 GRT, 1761 NRT and 1672 tons under deck.
- 1882 March
- Launched at the shipyard of T. Royden & Sons, Liverpool. Built on speculation and new ship was bought by Windsor Park Ship Co. (Alexander Howden & Co.), London.
Assigned the official British Reg. No. 85132 and signal WHVQ. Captain H. Bentley took command of the ship from the stocks.
- Sold to George Gordon & Co., Glasgow.
- Sold to A. Meling, Stavanger, Norway.
- 1913 April
- Sold to O.A. Färdig and partners, Nystad, Finland. The Finnish measurements were 1844 GRT and 1692 NRT.
Captain Artturi Henriksson.
- Sold to E.W. Hellsten, Nystad.
- Captain J. Pietilä.
- 1922 April
- Sold to MacIntosh & Co., Gibraltar. Turned into a barge and was renamed Saint James II.
- Square-rigged ships, general references.
- Lille, Sten & Grönstrand, Lars: Finlands djupvattenseglare.
Etelä-soumen kustannus oy, Lieto, 1979. 4to, 224 pp, ill.
Updated 1997-04-27 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives.
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.