Windsor Park

An iron fullrigged ship built in 1882 by T. Royden & Sons, Liverpool. Dimensions 250'5"×40'2"×24'0" and 1840 GRT, 1761 NRT and 1672 tons under deck.
1882 March
Launched at the shipyard of T. Royden & Sons, Liverpool. Built on speculation and new ship was bought by Windsor Park Ship Co. (Alexander Howden & Co.), London. Assigned the official British Reg. No. 85132 and signal WHVQ. Captain H. Bentley took command of the ship from the stocks.
Sold to George Gordon & Co., Glasgow.
Sold to A. Meling, Stavanger, Norway.
1913 April
Sold to O.A. Färdig and partners, Nystad, Finland. The Finnish measurements were 1844 GRT and 1692 NRT. Captain Artturi Henriksson.
Sold to E.W. Hellsten, Nystad.
Captain J. Pietilä.
1922 April
Sold to MacIntosh & Co., Gibraltar. Turned into a barge and was renamed Saint James II.


Updated 1997-04-27 by Lars Bruzelius

Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives.

Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.