An iron fullrigged ship built in 1855 by G. Cram & Co., Chester.
Dimensions 219'0"×35'9"×21'9" and 1359 GRT and 1359 NRT.
- Launched at the shipyard of G. Cram & Co., Chester, for Sharples & Co., Liverpool.
Assigned the official British Reg. No. 24168 and signal NVQD.
- Captain E.J. Ellis.
- 1884 [1882?]
- Sold to Taylor, Sons & Co., London. [According to Lloyd's Register 1889-1890, Capt. Ellis was appointed to the Winefred in 1882, the same year he came to Taylor, Sons & Co.
- 1894 March
- Sold to J.W. Söderlund, Rauma, Finland. The Finnish measurements were 1359 GRT and 1198 NRT. Captain W. Laine.
- Captain G.W. Wass.
- Sold to Armando Marius & Co., Manaos, Brazil, and converted to a barge,
- Square-rigged ships, general references.
- Lille, Sten & Grönstrand, Lars: Finlands djupvattenseglare.
Etelä-soumen kustannus oy, Lieto, 1979. 4to, 224 pp, ill.
Updated 1997-04-26 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives.
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.