An iron full-rigged ship built in 1885 by Oswald, Mordaunt & Co., Southampton, as Yard No. 226.
Dimensions 83,66×12,23×7,59 meters [274'3"×40'1"×24'9"] and 2152 GRT, 2101 NRT and 1998 tons under deck.
Sisteship to the same owner's ship Halewood (1885).
- 1885 May
- Launched at the shipyard of Oswald, Mordaunt & Co., for Sailing Ship Woolton Co. Ltd.
(R.W. Leyland & Co.), Liverpool.
Assigned the official British Reg. No. 91216 and signal JWKL.
- 1893 June 14
- Sailed from Newcastle, NSW, for Valparaiso and disappeared on voyage.
- Square-rigged ships, general references.
- Walker, David: Champion of Sail. R.W. Leyland and his Shipping
Conway Maritime Press, London, 1986. 4to, 191 pp, ill.
Updated 1997-05-15 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives.
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.