A three-masted schooner built of oak and pine in 1929 at Björkenäs,
Equipped with an auxilliary 58 H.P. oil engine. Dimensions: 26,01×6,74×2,37 meters and tonnage: 96,71 GRT and 74,23 NRT.
- Launched for Karl Anders Ögård, Gravarne, Sweden. Assigned the official Swedish registration number 7532.
- 1931 July
- Owned by part-owners managed by K.A. Ögård.
The auxilliary engine is now of 90 H.P.
- 1939 Spring
- Sold to Rederi AB Spårö, Västervik, and renamed to Lindö.
- 1940 Fall
- Sold to Ernst F. Dunér et
al. but kept Västervik as her homeport.
- Transferred to Rederi AB Österhavet where Dunér was
- 1944 January
- Sold to Erik A.H. Johansson et al. in Stockholm.
- Bought by Tage Gustavsson et al. in Edshultshall.
- Re-rigged as a ketch ("galeas" in Swedish).
- One of the part-owners, Hugo Gösta O. Gustavsson, became the sole owner.
- 1963 Summer
- Sold to Kenneth Adolfsson, Bergkvara.
- Sometime around 1966 sold to Hjalmar Konrad Olsson et al., Kalmar, and was equipped with an oil-engine.
- This was the last freight season, the following year she was sold to Peter J. Wood, Hobro.
- Left for New York by way of Svendborg where she was re-rigged as
a three-masted schooner.
- The Alexandria Seaport Foundation bought the schooner and renamed her the Alexandria.
- 1996 September
- Sold to Yale Iverson, Des Moines, Iowa, when it was found that she required extensive repairs.
- Foundered some 50 miles SW off Cape Hatteras, NC, USA, on voyage to Beaufort, NC. The crew was saved by the US Coast Guard.
Updated 1997-02-28 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.