Combined car and passenger ferry built in 1980 at Jos. L. Meyer Schiffswerft, Papenburg, for the Rederi AB Sally (Viking Line).
- 1980 June 29
- Delivered to Rederi AB Sally under the name Viking Sally
and put on the Åbo/Turku-Mariehamn-Stockholm trade on the 5th of July.
- 1987 October
- Rederi AB Sally withdrew from the Viking Line but Viking Sally was
charted by Rederi AB Slite (Viking Line) for 18 months.
- 1989 February
- Sold to EFFOA, Helsingfors, but once again chartered by Rederi AB Slite
for another 12 months.
- Transferred to the Silja Line and renamed Silja Star to be used as
a replacement for the delayed Silja Serenade.
- Renamed Wasa King and put on the Kvarken trade.
- Sold to the Estonian shipping line Estline (Nordström & Thulin and Estonian Shipping Company Ltd.). Put on the Tallinn-Stockholm trade on the 1st of February.
- 1994 September 28
- Foundered in a 25 m/s storm with the loss of 852 lives.
Updated 1997-12-05 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives |