Maritime and Naval Museums: South Carolina, USA
Charles Towne Landing
1500 Old Towne Rd.,
Charlestown, SC 29407-6099.
Telephone: +1 803 556 4450
Opening hours: daily 09:00-17:00; Closed Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
Museum ship: Adventure, reconstruction of a 17th century ketch.
Patriot's Point Naval and Maritime Museum
P.O. Box 986,
Mt Pleasant, SC 29465.
Telephone: +1 803 884 2727
Opening hours: April-October, daily 09:00-17:00; November-March, 09:00-18:00.
Calls itself the World's Largest Naval Museum. NS Savannah was the first nuclear powered commercial vessel ever built. The US Coat Guard cutters served in Atlantic in WWII on U-boat patrol.
- USS Yorktown (1943), aircraft carrier CV 10.
- USS Laffey (1943), destroyer DD 724.
- USS Clamagore (1945), submarine SS 343.
- USCG Comanch (1934), US Coast Guard cutter.
- USCG Ingham (1934), US Coast Guard cutter.
- NS Savannah (1959), nuclear powered cargo ship.
Updated 1996-09-01 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Martime Museums |
Martime Museums: North America
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.