A clipper ship built in 1833 at the shipyard of Kennard & Williamson, Baltimore.
Dimensions: 143'×27'6"×14' and 494 tons.
- Launched and delivered to Isaac McKim, Baltimore. The ship was named after the owners wife.
- Sold to Howland & Aspinwall, New York, at the death of Isaac McKim.
- Sailed from New York to Anjer in 79 days.
- Sailed back to New York from Anjer in 96 days.
- Sold to Chile.
- 1849 January 20
- Arrived to San Francisco from Valparaiso, via Guayaquil, after 51 days at sea.
- Sailed from San Francisco to Valparaiso in 47 days.
- 1851 September
- Left the United States under Captain Van Pelt for the last time.
- Broken up at Valparaiso.
Ann McKim, which was built on the enlarged lines of a Baltimore clipper, has often been called the first "true clipper" an honor she shares with Rainbow and Scottish Maid.
Updated 1996-12-02 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
American clipper ships | Search.
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.