An extreme clipper ship built in 1850 by William H. Webb, New York, as Yard No. 53.
Dimensions 158'×34'6"×19' and tonnage 860 tons.
Her final fate is not known.
- 1850 June 10
- Launched at the shipyard of W.H. Webb, New York, for Bucklin & Crane, New York.
- 1850 July 17 - November 1
- Sailed from New York to San Francisco in 105 days.
- Sailed from San Francisco to Hong Kong in 33 days.
- Sailed from Shanghai to New York in 117 days.
- Sailed from New York to San Francisco in 108 days under command of Capt. Benjamin F.
- 1852 May 8 - September 22
- Sailed from Shanghai to London in 137 days with a cargo of tea.
- 1853 October 27 - January 31
- Sailed from Foochow to London in 96 days with a cargo of tea.
- 1855 April 5 - August 25
- Sailed from Shanghai to New York in ___ days.
- 1855 October 12 - January 5
- Sailed from New York to Melbourne in 85 days.
- 1856 April 26 - August 27
- Sailed from Shanghai to New York in 127 days.
- 1857 August - January 11
- Sailed from Foochow to London in 98 days with a cargo of tea.
- Sold to Spainish owners.
- Owned by Bartolomeo Blanco, New York.
- Clipper ships, general references.
- Fairburn, William Armstrong: Merchant Sail.
Fairburn Education Foundation, Inc., Center Lover, ME, 1945-1955. 6 vols.
- Howe, Octavius T. & Matthews, Fredric C.: American Clipper Ships 1833-1858.
Marine Research Society, Salem, 1926-1927.
Updated 1998-04-12 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
American clipper ships |
Copyright © 1998 Lars Bruzelius.