A five-masted aux. steel barque built in 1891 by Russell & Co., Port Glasgow.
Her dimensions were:
114,47×14,63×7,72 m [375'7"×48'0"×25'4"] and tonnage:
3822 GRT and 3344 NRT.
Three-island ship, rigged with sky-sails and royal-sails over double
topgallant- and top-sails.
- 1891 December 18
- Launched at the shipyard of Russell & Co., Port Glasgow, for
Reismühlen, Rhederei und Schiffbau AG, Bremerhaven. Assigned the German signal QFPC. The first master of the ship was Captain J. Gennerich.
- 1892 July 14
- Left Saigon for Bremerhaven with a load of rice.
After the death of Captain Gennerich the command had been resumed by the First
- 1892 July 24
- Last seen after having passed the Sunda Straits.
Updated 1998-04-27 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Five-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.