A four-masted steel barque built in 1894 by Rickmers Reismühlen, Rhederei
und Schiffbau AG, Geestemünde.
Dimensions 82,30×13,17×8,42 meters [270'0"×43'3"×27'8"] and
tonnage 2395 GRT and 2302 NRT.
Rigged with with royals over double topgallants.
- 1894 October
- Launched at the shipyard of
Reismühlen, Rhederei und Schiffbau AG, Geestemünde, for their own use.
Captain G. Warneke.
- 1998 May 13 - September 17
- Sailed from Rangoon to Bremerhaven in 127 days.
- 1899 December 18
- Sold to Norddeutscher Lloyd, Bremen, and was
renamed Herzogin Sophie Charlotte. Rebuild to be used as a sailtraining
- Sold to Schlüter & Mack, Hamburg.
- 1914 August
- Interned at Caleta Buena, Chile.
- 1918 September 26
- Confiscated by the Chilean Government.
- Returned to the German owners and returned to Europe.
- 1921 April 21
- Delivered to Great Britain and the Shipping Controller as part of the war damage reparations.
- Sold to R. Mattson, Mariehamn, Åland.
- Sold to Christian Trondsen, Sarpsborg, Norway, and was renamed
- Broken up at the Marinewerft, Wilhelmshaven.
Updated 1997-09-06 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.