A four-masted steel barque built by A. McMillan & Son Ltd, Dumbarton.
Dimensions: 100,60×14,32×8,22 meters [330'1"×47'0"×27'0"], tonnage: 3239 GRT & 3072 NRT.
Sistership to the four-masted barque Urania (1902).
- 1902 May
- Launched at the shipyard of A. McMillan & Son Ltd,
A.G. Alster, Hamburg.
- 1902 October 19 - December 16
- Sailed from Montevideo to Port Townsend in 68 days, 12 hours, which is the record for the distance.
- Sold to E.C Schramm & Co., Hamburg.
- 1912 June 21
- Sold to H. Fölsch & Co., Hamburg, and was renamed
- Assigned to the United States as war damage compensation and transferred to Robert Dollar Co., San Francisco, and renamed William Dollar.
- Laid up at Lake Union.
- Sold to Pacific Coyle Navigation and reduced to a lighter.
- Sold to Island Tug & Barge Co. and reduced to a barge.
- Sank during towage.
Updated 1997-02-16 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.