A four-masted steel barque built in 1902 by Chantiers de France, Dunkerque.
Dimensions 95,52×13,71[?]×7,36 meters
[313'5"×45'0"×24'2"] and tonnage 3204 GRT and 2418 NRT.
Rigged with royal sails over double top- and topgallant sails.
Sistership to the same owner's four-masted barque Valparaiso (1902).
- 1902 August 24
- Launched at the shipyard of Chantiers de France,
Ant. Dom. Bordes et fils, Dunkerque. Captain E. Pothin was give command of the new ship.
- 1904 October 1 — December 15
- Sailed from Port Talbot to Iquique in 75 days.
- 1915 November 18 — January 29
- Sailed from La Pallice to
Antofagasta in 72 days.
- 1917 February 3
- Under command of Captain F. Lecoq she was
captured and sunk by the German raider
Seeadler commanded by Graf Felix von Luckner at 7° N, 36° W on voyage from Iquique to Brest.
Updated 1997-07-22 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.