A four-masted steel barque built in 1890 by Harland and Wolff,
Belfast, as hull no. 225.
Dimensions: 392'3"×45'2"×26'7, tonnage: 3099 GRT and 2991 NRT.
- 1890 February 22
- Launched at the shipyard of Harland and Wolff,
- 1890 April 24
- Delivered to North Western Shipping Co., but
managed by Ismay, Imrie & Co., Liverpool.
- Sold to J.A. Ritson & J. Livesey, Liverpool.
- Sold to R.M. Sloman, Hamburg, and was renamed Alster. Assigned the German signal RHTG.
The German measurements were 97,61×13,78×8,10 meters and 3076 GRT.
In command of Captain M. Scharsich.
- Sold to
Aktiengesellschaft "Alster", Hamburg.
- In command of Captain J.J.C. Kühlsen.
- Sailed from the Channel to Rio de Janeiro in 44 days.
- Sailed from Rio de Janeiro to Taltal in 56 days.
- Sailed from Iquique to Lizard Point in 112 days.
- In command of Captain J. Saelzer.
- Sailed from Taltal to Lizard Point in 95 days.
- In command of Captain H. Bettaque.
- Sailed from Pisagua to Newcastle. NSW, in 64 days.
- Sailed from Newcastle. NSW, to Iquique in 52 days.
- Sailed from Pisagua to Lizard Point in 104 days.
- Sailed from Pisagua to Lizard Point in 108 days.
- In command of Captain A. Behnert.
- Sold to E.C. Schramm, Hamburg.
- Sold to F.A. Vinnen, Bremen, and renamed Christel Vinnen.
- Sold to M. Aste, Genova.
- 1927 April 15
- Stranded at Old Providence Island en route Caleta Caloso - Norfolk, VA.
Updated 2001-06-03 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.