A four-masted iron ship built in 1886 by W. Doxford & Sons, Sunderland, as new building 167.
Dimensions: 78,63×12,00×7,03 meters
[258'40×39'5"×23'1"] and tonnage 1750 GRT and 1694 NRT.
Rigged with double top- and topgallant sails.
- 1886 March
- Launched at the shipyard of W. Doxford & Sons,
William Thomas & Co., Liverpool.
- Re-rigged as a four-masted barque.
- 1915 July
- Sold to Skibs A/S Kringsjaa (Kr. Knudsen), Kristiansand, Norway, for £ 7500 and was renamed Kringsjaa. Assigned the Norwegian signal WKJL.
- 1918 June 14
- Sunk by the German submarine U 151 at 38°2' N, 71°40' W on voyage from Buenos Aires to New York with linseed. The master of the Kringsjaa was Captain G. Magnusdal.
Updated 1997-11-24 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.