A four-masted iron ship built in 1881 by Russel & Co., Greenock.
Dimensions: 81,22×12,24×7,21 meters [266'6"×40'2"×23'8"] and tonnage: 1891 GRT and 1840 NRT.
Rigged with royal sails over double topsails and single topgallant sails.
- 1881 July
- Launched at the shipyard of Russel & Co., Greenock, for the "Drum"-line of Gillison & Chadwick, Liverpool. Captain J.
Cowell was the first master of the vessel.
- Sailed to Melbourne in 89 days.
- Sailed with grain from Melbourne to London in 105 days.
- Sold to Western Commercial Co., Victoria, BC. Captain W. Thomas became the new master for the new owners.
- 1904 September 3
- Wrecked at San Francisco Cliffhouse, Point San
Pedro, on voyage San Francisco to Puget Sound.
Updated 1996-10-12 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques.
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.