A four-masted iron ship built in 1882 by W.H. Potter & Son, Liverpool.
Dimensions: 82,41×11,93×7,31 meters [270'5"×39'2"×24'0"] and tonnage: 1844 GRT and 1798 NRT.
Rigged with royal sails over double top and single topgallant sails. Furrer mentions that she was equipped with a main skysail.
- 1882 August
- Launched at the shipyard of W.H. Potter & Son, Liverpool, for Gillison & Chadwick, Liverpool. Captain R. Chubb.
- Sold to F.W. Webster, Liverpool.
- Sold to Western Commercial Co., Victoria, BC.
- Sold to Barneson & Co., Victoria, BC.
- Sold to Rolph Hind Co., Victoria, BC.
- 1914 December 2
- On voyage to San Francisco with a cargo
of coal she was captured by a German squadron made up of the battle cruisers Leipzig, Gneisenau, and Nürnberg. The cargo of coal was transferred
to the warships.
- 1914 December 6
- Sunk at 55°30' S, 65°W.
Updated 1996-10-13 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.