A four-masted steel barque built in 1903 by Società Esercizio Baccini,
Dimensions 88,00×12,61×6,70 meters [288'9"×41'5"×22'0"] and
tonnage 2224 GRT and 2157 NRT.
Rigged with royal sails over double top and single top-gallant sails.
- 1903 March
- Launched at the shipyard of Società Esercizio
Baccini, Riva Trigoso, for E. fu E. Raffo, La Spezia. Captain Queirolo.
- 1903 June 12
- Left Genoa for New York but was dis-masted off the
coast North America and arrived in jury rig after 66 days. Later towed back
to Genoa by the Dutch tug Titan for repairs.
- Sold to
F. Laeisz, Hamburg, and renamed Pinguin.
Captain Boye Petersen and first mate Piening.
- Sold to C.J. Klingenberg, Bremen, and renamed Weser.
- Sold to S.A. des Voiliers Dunqerquois, Dunkerque, and
- 1923 December 25
- Left Dunkerque for Brügge where she was
Updated 1997-02-15 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.