Falls of Bruar

A full-rigged four-masted iron ship built in 1879 by Russel & Co., Port Glasgow. Her dimensions are: 81,12×12,19×7,13 meters [266'2×40'0×23'5] and tonnage: 1808 GRT and 1740 NRT. Rigged with royal sails over double top and single topgallant sails.

1879 March
Launched at the shipyard of Russel & Co., Port Glasgow, for the Falls Line (Wright, Beakenridge & Co), Glasgow. Captain G. Bardo.
1887 September 2
Foundered 15 miles off Smith's Knoll on voyage from Hamburg to Calcutta.

Updated 1996-11-06 by Lars Bruzelius.

Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives | Ships | Four-masted ships & barques | Search.

Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.