Falls of Garry
A four-masted iron barque built in 1886 by Russel & Co., Port Glasgow.
Her dimensions were:
83,84×12,64×7,23 meters [275'1×41'6×23'9] and tonnage: 2088 GRT and 2026 NRT.
Rigged with royal sails over double top and single topgallant sails.
- 1886 June
- Launched at the shipyard of Russel & Co., Port
Glasgow, for the Falls Line (Wright, Beakenridge & Co), Glasgow. Captain W. Lawrence.
- Sold to Wright, Graham & Co., Glasgow.
- 1898 January
- Dragged her anchors during a storm at Tchio, New Caledonia, and was wrecked at a coral reef. The insurance company sold the wreck which was salvaged and brought to Sydney where the barque was repaired.
- Sold to Kopsen, Craig & Walker, Sydney.
- Sold to Hatfield, Cameron & Co., Glasgow.
- 1911 April 21
- Stranded at Sovereign Rocks, Oyster-haven, near Kinsale on voyage from Port Pirie to Queenstown. [Hurst has Summer Cove, Cork]
Updated 1996-11-06 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.