A four-masted iron ship built in 1886 by R. & J. Evans & Co., Liverpool.
Dimensions: 78,63×11,78×6,87 meters [258'0"×38'8"×22'7"] and tonnage: 1690 GRT and 1615 NRT.
Rigged with royal sails over double top and topgallant sails. Was later re-rigged as a fourmast barque.
- 1886 May
- Launched at the shipyard of R. & J. Evans & Co., Liverpool, for L. Davies & Co., Liverpool. Captain L.F. Clayton.
- 1905 May
- Sold to A/S General Gordon (E.H. Kongshavn), Haugesund, Norway, and was re-rigged as a four-masted barque. Captain A.B. Bjørnsen.
- 1908 October
- Sold to A/S General Gordon (Th. Nordbø), Haugesund.
- 1916 September
- Sold to A/S Skoglands Linje (T.H. Skogland & Sø A/S), Haugesund.
- 1919 February 22
- Stranded at Port Royal, South Carolina, on voyage from Buenos Ayres to Charleston, SC, with a cargo of barley.
Updated 1997-04-16 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.