A four-masted steel barque built in 1892 by Russell & Co., Port Glasgow.
Dimensions: 84,88×12,80×7,38 meters [278'6"×42'0"×24'3"] and tonnage: 2285 GRT and 2193 NRT.
Rigged with royal sails over double top and single topgallant sails.
- 1892 January
- Launched at the shipyard of Russell & Co., Port Glasgow, for J. Edgar & Co., Liverpool. Captain D.R. Stevenson.
- 1914 June 5
- Sold to C. Krabbenhöft & Bock, Hamburg, and was renamed Ernst. Was assigned the official German signal RVGH. The new German measurements were 81,92×12,82×7,46 meters and 2210 GRT. Captain J. Reinhold.
- Seized in Sydney by the Australian Government as a prize of war and was renamed Canowie. Sailed under British flag.
- 1916 September 10
- Sailed from Port Talbot for Mejillones, Chiloe Islands.
- 1916 October 9
- Wrecked at Piritu Point, Chiloe Island, near Valparaiso.
Updated 1996-11-09 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.