A four-masted steel barque built in 1892 by Workman, Clark & Co., Belfast.
Dimensions: 86,61×12,82×7,43 meters [284'2"×42'1"×24'5"] and tonnage: 2243 GRT and 2153 NRT.
Rigged with royal sails over double top and topgallant sails.
- 1892 July
- Launched at the shipyard of Workman, Clark & Co., Belfast, for Boyd Bros. & Co., Belfast. Captain R.A. Williams.
- Sold to Raumo Nya Skeppsrederi AB (J.W. Söderlund), Raumo, and was renamed Fennia. Captain F.W. Laine.
- Sold to Finska Rederi AB (W.A. Söderman), Helsingfors.
- Finska Rederi AB was reconstructed as AB Finska Skolskeppsrederiet, Helsingfors.
- Taken over by Great Britain.
- Rebuilt as the tanker Fiona Shell for the Anglo-Saxon Petroleum Co.
- Oil storage tank at Pireaus.
- Oil storage tank at Gibraltar.
- Sunk by an Italian torpedo boat.
Updated 1996-11-09 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.