King's County

A four-masted wooden ship built in 1890 by E. Cox, Kingsport, Nova Scotia. Dimensions: 77,72×13,83×7,79 meters [255'0"×45'5"×25'7"] and tonnage: 2300 GRT and 2225 NRT.

Rigged with royal sails over double top and topgallant sails.

Launched at the shipyard of E. Cox, Kingsport, Nova Scotia, for C.R. Burgess, Windsor, Nova Scotia. Captain M. Munro.
Reduced to barque rig.
Lost her mizzen mast and yards, which was replaced with a fore-and-aft rigged mast. The resulting rig was that of a four-masted "jackass" barque.
Stranded on the English Bank outside Montevideo and subsequently broken up at that city.

Updated 1998-11-23 by Lars Bruzelius.

Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives | Ships | Four-masted ships & barques | Search.

Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.