A four-masted steel aux. barque built in 1921 by the Krupp Germania Werft,
Dimensions 100,27×14,68×8,22 meters [329'0"×48'2"×26'8"]
and tonnage 3476 GRT and 3017 NRT.
Rigged with double topgallant sails and royals sails.
- Launched at the shipyard of Krupp Germania Werft, Kiel, as Yard No. 372 for F.A. Vinnen & Co., Bremen.
- Sold to Norddeutscher Lloyd, Bremen, and renamed
Kommodore Johnsen. Used as a cargo-carrying sail-training ship.
- 1945 May
- Delivered to the Soviet-Union as part of the war
damage reparations and was renamed Sedov after the Russian polar explorer Gregori Sedov (1877-1904). Used for sail-training.
- 1976 October
- Reports to have been laid up at Kronstadt already
for some time.
- 1981 August 5
- A report states that she has been taken into
active duty again.
Updated 1998-10-26 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.