A four-masted steel ship built in 1891 by C.J. Bigger, Londonderry.
Dimensions: 92,65×13,12×7,33 meters [304'0"×43'1"×24'1"] and tonnage: 2499 GRT and 2352 NRT.
Rigged with royal sails over double top and single topgallant sails.
- 1891 December
- Launched at the shipyard of C.J. Bigger, Londonderry, for W. Lowden & Co., Liverpool.
- Captain William Jones late of the Iron Crag.
- Captain S.H. Whettem late of the Mitredale. Captain Whettem left the Mashona for Weir's four-masted barque Ellisland.
- 1906 December
- Sold to Harloff & Bøe and partners, Bergen. Captain H. Broch.
- Sold to Harloff & Rødseth and partners, Bergen.
- 1911 November 16
- Grounded at Montevideo with a cargo of coal. Condemned and probably rigged off and turned into a lighter. Missing from Lloyd's Register until 1916.
- Sold to C. Towne & Co., Montevideo.
- Sold to Skibs-A/S Glimt (Jacobsen & Thon, Fredrikstad), Montevideo.
- Sold to Larrecha Milano & Cia., Montevideo.
- Sold to T. Gazzolo, Montevideo.
Updated 1997-04-18 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.