A four-masted steel barque built in 1892 by Russell & Co., Port Glasgow.
Dimensions: 86,32×13,10×6,36 meters [283'3"×43'0"×24'2"] and tonnage: 2433 GRT and 2305 NRT.
Rigged with royal sails over double top and topgallant sails.
- 1892 June
- Launched at the shipyard of Russell & Co., Port Glasgow, for J. Boyd, Glasgow. Captain McCrone.
- 1911 April 18
- Sold to August Bolten, Wm. Millers Nachfolger, Hamburg, and was renamed Ulrich. Assigned the official German signal RQSG. The new German measurements were 83,78×12,88×7,45 meters and 2269 GRT.
- Captain Oltmann Dieckmann.
- Sold to by the Vinnen Gebrüder, Hamburg.
- Captured by the HMS Venus.
- Condemned by a British Prize Court.
- 1915 May
- Sold to A/S Sydnæs (Arne Larsen), Bergen, Norway, and was renamed Sydnæs.
- 1916 January
- Sold to A/S Christianssand (Sven O. Stray & Co.), Kristiansand.
- 1920 March 2
- Sprung a leak and was abandoned in sinking condition east of Cape Virginia on voyage from Norfolk, VA, to Montevideo.
Updated 1997-08-19 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.