A four-masted iron ship built in 1886 by Russell & Co., Port Glasgow.
Dimensions: 86,37×12,31×7,46 meters [283'5"×40'5"×24'6"] and tonnage 2163 GRT, 2079 NRT, and 1,984 tons under deck.
The forecastle was 36 ft long and the poop 36 ft.
Rigged with royal sails over double top and single topgallant sails.
- 1886 June
- Launched at the shipyard of Russell & Co., Port Glasgow, for A. Brown, Glasgow.
Assigned the Official British Reg. No. 93288 and signal KGPB.
Employed in the Indian jute trade.
Captain Gilmore was given command of the new ship.
- In command of Captain A.A. Clark.
- Sold to J. Boyd & Son, Glasgow.
In command of Captain T.R. Simons.
- 1911 October
- Sold to Thor Dahl, Sandefjord, Norway, and was renamed Thor II.
Reduced to barque rig. In command of Captain J. Johnsen.
- 1917 February 4
- Sunk by the German submarine U 45 80 miles SW of the Irish coast on voyage from South Georgia to Queenstown with a cargo of whale
Updated 1999-10-29 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.