A four-masted steel barque built in 1892 by J.C. Tecklenborg, Geestemünde. Dimensions 95,82×13,58×8,04 meters [314'5"×44'7"×26'5"] and tonnage 2895 GRT and 2780 NRT. Rigged with royal sails over double top and top-gallant sails.

Sistership to the same owner's fourmasted barque Pisagua.

1892 February 22
Launched at the shipyard of J.C. Tecklenborg, Geestemünde, for F. Laeisz, Hamburg. Assigned the German signal RJLM.
Captain Robert Hilgendorf.
Captain O. Schmidt.
1901 February 23
Sold to Rhederei Akt. Gesellschaft von 1896, Hamburg.
1903 March 18
Renamed Optima.
1905 January 6
Left Hamburg with a cargo of cokes for Santa Rosalia, Mexico, under command of Captain Butz.
1905 January 18
Stranded at Haisbro Sands, Norfolk.


Updated 1997-05-08 by Lars Bruzelius.

Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives | Ships | Four-masted ships & barques | Search.

Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.