A four-masted steel barque built in 1893 by T. Royden & Sons, Liverpool.
Dimensions: 93,87×13,71×7,43 meters [308'0"×45'0"×24'5"], tonnage: 2846 GRT and 2654 NRT.
- 1893 May
- Launched at the shipyard of T. Royden & Sons, Liverpool,
for Moran, Galaway & Co., Liverpool.
- Sold to P.H. Røer, Christiania.
- Sold to J. Andressen, Christiania [Oslo], Norway.
- Sold to A. Andressen, Christiania.
- 1911 June 6
- Sold to
Knöhr & Burchard, Hamburg, and renamed Thielbek. Assigned the German signal RQTN. The new German measurements were 91,31×13,75×7,55 meters and 2831 GRT.
- Captain A. Bergmann late first mate of
H.H. Schmidt's four-masted barque Henriette.
- Sailed from Astoria to Falmouth in 111 days.
- Sailed from Astoria to Queenstown in 125 days.
- Captain C. Ruppert late first mate of the same owner's steel ship Flottbek (1891).
- Sailed from Hamburg to Santa Rosalia in 122 days.
- 1914 August
- Interned at Santa Rosalia for the duration of the war.
- Delivered as war damage compensation to ???.
- 1920 December 6
- Sold to Robert Dollar & Co., San Francisco, and was renamed David Dollar.
- Sunk as a "breakwater" at Alameda, CA, for the building of the new airport.
Updated 1997-04-16 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.