A four-masted steel barque built in 1888 by W.H. Potter & Sons, Liverpool, as Yard No. 131.
Dimensions: 85,79×12,54×7,46 meters [281'6"×41'2"×24'6"] 2211 2163.
Rigged with skysails and royal sails over double top and single topgallant sails.
Details of the final fate of this ship is missing.
- 1888 April
- Launched at the shipyard of W.H. Potter & Sons, Liverpool, for their own account.
- Sold to Brema Reederei AG, Bremen, and was renamed Seefahrer. Captain B. Shoemaker was given command of the ship.
- Sold to A. Witte, Bremen.
- Sold to C.T. Klingenberg, Bremen. Captain J. Stratmann.
- Interned in Chile for the duration of the war.
- Transferred to C. de Cort & F. Verschuren, Belgium, as war damage reparations,
- Included in Lloyd's register for the last time.
Updated 1996-12-21 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.