A four-masted steel barque built in 1888 by W. Hamilton & Co., Port Glasgow. Dimensions: 90,39×13,15×7,21 meters [296'7"×43'2"×23'8"] and tonnage 2280 GRT and 2211 NRT. Rigged with royal sails above double top and topgallant sails.

1888 November
Launched at the shipyard of W. Hamilton & Co., Port Glasgow, for J.R. Haws & Co., Liverpool. Captain D.P. Crowe.
Astoria to Brow Head, Fastnet, in 101 days.
1911 April
Sold to A/S Semantha (B.A. Olsen & Søn), Lyngør, Norway. Captain N. Halvorsen.
1915 February 3
Sunk by the German aux. cruiser Kronprintz Wilhelm at 26°30'S, 27°18'W on voyage from Portland, OR, to Queenstown f.o.

Updated 1997-04-26 by Lars Bruzelius.

Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives | Ships | Four-masted ships & barques | Search.

Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.