A four-masted steel barque built in 1891 by Richard Williamson & Son,
Dimensions: 93,13×12,85×7,46 meters [305'7"×42'2"×24'6], tonnage: 2529 GRT and 2406 NRT.
A flush decked and bald-headed barque, which belonged to the group of six
four-masted barques called the Workington Sisters.
- 1891 August
- Launched at the shipyard of Richard Williamson & Son, Workington, for Brown, Jenkinson & Co., London, for the Vortigern Ship Co., Ltd.
- 1900 July 18
- Sold to
B. Wencke & Söhne, Hamburg, and renamed Hebe.
- 1906 January 30
- Sold to
Rhederei Akt. Gesellschaft von 1896, Hamburg.
- 1906 February 22
- Partially dismasted in a storm off Lizard Head.
- Interned at Mollendo for the duration of the war.
- Handed over to the Peruvian Government as war damage
compensation and assigned to the Cia. Nacionale de Trasportes.
- Renamed Contramaestre Dueñas.
- Broken up at Callao.
Updated 1997-01-27 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.