Three-masted wooden schooner built in 1916 by J. Ring Andersen, Svendborg, as the Jason. Her dimensions are 29,99×6,89×5,59 m (98"39×22"50×8"5) and tonnage: 102 GRT and 55 NRT.
- Bought by Rederi A/S Aina (C.P. Callin), Arendal, and renamed Smart while still on the stocks.
- Launched at the J. Ring Andersen ship yard, Svendborg.
- Sold to J. Wiborg, Brevik, and used in the ice and wood trades.
- Sold to Brøderne Bratsberg, Vardø. Master: Captain Johan Bratsberg.
- Port of registry changed to Bodø.
- Sold to Isak F. Wikström and Rutger Wikström, Åstol, and renamed Svanen.
- Installation of a 45 hkr Scandia oil engine.
- Ownership transferred to Rutger Wikström.
- The engine was replaced with a 100 hkr Scandia oil engine.
- Sold to Johansson and Carlsson, Hamburgsund.
- Bought by Inge Høy, Kristiansand, to be used as a sail training ship.
- Taken over by the Stiftelsen "Svanen", Norsk Sjøfartsmuseum.
Updated 1994-12-18 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives.
Copyright © 1994 Lars Bruzelius.