A three-masted steel barque built in 1905 by Rickmers Act. Ges., Bremerhaven.
Dimensions 80,98×12,22×7,54 meters [265'6"×40'1"×24'7"] and tonnage 2039 GRT, 1880 NRT, and 3300 DWT.
- Launched at the shipyard of Rickmers Act. Ges., Bremerhaven, for their
own account. Assigned the German signal QJBD.
- Sold to
F. Laeisz, Hamburg, and was renamed Penang.
- In command of Captain H.A. Siemer.
- In command of Captain A. Oetzmann.
- In command of Captain W. Pohlig.
- Sold to Bachmann, Bremen.
- Sold to John Nurminen, Raumo, Finland. The new Finnish measurements were 81,5×12,2×7,55 meters.
- 1923 October
- Sold to
Gustaf Erikson, Mariehamn.
- 1940 July 3
- Sailed from Port Victoria with a cargo of wheat for Queentown for orders.
- 1940 December 8
- Torpedoed by the German submarine U-140 at 55°25'N, 10°15'W. No one of the crew survived.
- Lille, Sten & Grönstrand, Lars: Finlands djupvattenseglare.
Etelä-soumen kustannus oy, Lieto, 1979. 4to, 224 pp, ill.
Updated 1997-05-07 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Ships | Search.
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.