An iron fullrigged ship built in 1868 by W.H. Potter & Sons, Liverpool.
Dimensions: 65,85×10,28×6,7 meters [226'4×36'4×22'0] and tonnage: 1277 GRT and 1197
- Launched at the shipyard of W.H. Potter & Sons, Liverpool, for J.D. Newton & Co., Liverpool.
- Sold to Nicholson & McGill, Liverpool.
- Sold to by M.A. Troberg, Mariehamn, for FIM 105.000.
(Managing owner for a total of 38 part owners). Her first Finnish master was
Captain Ossian Pettersson.
- Re-rigged as a barque.
- 1914 August 26
- Left Bunbury, Australia, with a cargo of yarra
wood and under command of Captain Karl Oskar Troberg.
- 1914 December 12
- Arrived to Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- 1915 May 23
- Arrived to Le Havre, France.
- 1916 March 15
- Left Pensacola for Cardiff where she arrived
- 1916 March
- August Troberg sold his 27/100 of the ship to Gustaf
Eriksson, Mariehamn, for FIM 300.000. By buying additional shares from other
owners Gustaf Erikson increased his ownership to 41/100 before the ship
arrived to Cardiff. The new master was Captain A. Björklund.
- 1917 February 22
- Arrived to Newport, England, with a cargo of
pitchpine from Sabine, Texas.
- 1917 May 3
- Torpedoed and sunk by a German submarine off the
Bristol Channel with a cargo coke en route for Port Nolloth. The crew
were able to get off in the boats and landed safe near Milford Haven.
Updated 1995-08-26 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.