A steel ship built in 1891 by Charles Connell & Co., Glasgow.
Dimensions: 230'_"×36'_"×21'_" and tonnage: 2300 GRT, 1346 NRT and ____ tons under deck.
- Launched at the shipyard of Charles Connell & Co., Glasgow, for The Calluna Ship Co. (J.D. Clink), Greenock. Assigned the official British Reg. No. ____ and signal ____.
- Management of the ship transferred to Lang & Fulton, Greenock.
- Sold to R. Harsen, Kristiania, Norway.
- Sold to Rederiaktieselskabet Limfjorden, Ålborg, Denmark.
- 1917 April 23
- Sunk by a German submarine in the Atlantic on voyage from Ålborg to New York with a cargo of chalk.
- Square-rigged ships, general references.
- Hume, John R. & Moss, Michael S.: A Bed of Nails. The History of P. MacCallum & Sons, Ltd of Greenock 1781-1981, a Study in Survival.
Lang & Fulton, Greenock, (c1982). 8vo, xii, 148 pp, ill.
Updated 1997-07-05 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives.
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.