Three-masted iron ship built in 1861 by Thomas Vernon & Son, Liverpool.
Dimensions 209'0"×34'0"×22'6" and tonnage 1150 GRT, 1130 NRT, and
1057 tons uner deck.
- 1861 July
- Launched at the shipyard of T. Vernon & Son,
Liverpool. Assigned the English signal letters TKNV.
- Owned by W. Dixon, Liverpool, and commanded by Captain
Alexander [LR 1865-66].
- Owned by W. Dixon, Liverpool, and commanded by Captain G.
Massey [LR 1870-71].
- Commanded by Captain Alexander [LR 1870-71].
- Sailed from England [Plymouth?] to New Zealand with 222
- 1876 June
- Re-rigged as a barque and at the subsequent survey
the tonnage was reduced to 1115 NRT due to repairs and rebuilding.
- 1878 November
- Surveyed in London.
- Owned by H. Flinn & Co., Liverpool, and commanded by
Captain A. Hardy [LR 1879-80].
- 1883 January 11 — April 12
- Sailed from Plymouth to Port
Adelaide in 91 days. In command of Captain John Jarvis.
- 1883 October 4
- Arrived to San Francisco from Newcastle, NSW.
- 1884 May 4
- Arrived to Belfast from San Francisco with a cargo
Updated 1996-05-07 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives.
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.