A steel barque built in 1895 by Ateliers & Chantiers de la Loire, St Nazaire.
Dimensions: 237'3"×36'7"×22'2" and tonnage: 1551 GRT, 1419 NRT and 2300 DWT.
- Launched at the shipyard of Ateliers & Chantiers de la Loire, St Nazaire, for A. Viot, Nantes. Assigned the official French Registration No. ____ and signal ____.
- Sold to Rederi AB Diana (Ferd. Nätterqvist), Hernösand, for £ 6550 and was renamed Danaë. Assigned the official Swedish Registration No. 4299 and signal JNTD.
- Sold to G.C. Brøvig, Farsund, Norway, for SEK 75.000 and was renamed Ketty.
- Sold to A/S Excelsior (S.O. Stray & Co.), Christiansand, and was renamed Silius.
- 1916 March 9
- Torpedoed and sunk by the German submarine UB 18 while at anchor on the Le Havre roads.
- Svenska järn- coh stålseglare.
Båtologen Årg. 30 (1992).
Updated 1997-04-05 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives.
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.