An iron full-rigged ship built in 1885 by Palmer's Shipbuilding & Iron Co., Jarrow-on-Tyne.
Dimensions: 280'0"×40'0"×24'2" and tonnage: 2069 GRT.
Rigged with royal sails over double top and topgallant sails, but a single mizzen topgallant sail.
Is credited with a passage from Shanghai to Tacoma in 29 days.
- 1885 June 13
- Launched at the shipyard of Palmer's Shipbuilding & Iron Co., Jarrow-on-Tyne, for Globe Shipping Co. (Messrs Chas. G. Dunn & Co., Liverpool.
- 1894 July 10
- Arrived to Liverpool from Tacoma with a grain-cargo.
- Captain James Platt Barker
- Sold to J.F. Arens, Bremen, and was renamed Sylfide.
- Sold to E.C. Schramm & Co., Bremen, and was renamed Henriette.
- 1909 December 10
- Sold to Aug. Bolten, Wm. Miller's Nachf., Hamburg.
- Captain B. Sauermilch.
- Sold to Vinnen Gebrüder GmbH, Hamburg.
- Captain C. Lange.
- Requisitioned by the Brazilian Government and renamed Mearim.
- Surrendered as war damage compensation [Kresse].
- Sold to Lloyd Brasileiro, and was renamed Almirante Saldanha and used as a cargo carrying sail training ship.
- 1928 May
Updated 1997-04-30 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.