A steel ship built in 1891 by Russell & Co., Port Glasgow, for a total cost of £ 18.300.
Dimensions: 260'_"×38'_"×23'_" and tonnage: 1726 GRT, 1642 NRT and .... tons under deck.
- 1890 Marchy
- Launched at the shipyard of Russell & Co., Port Glasgow, for The Edenballymore Ship Co. (Thomson, Dickie & Co.), Glasgow. Assigned the official British Reg. No. .... and signal .....
- Sold to The Edenmore Ship Co. (Lang & Fulton), Greenock, and was renamed Edenmore.
- Stranded at Papa Stronsay, Orkney Islands, and became a total loss.
- Square-rigged ships, general references.
- Hume, John R. & Moss, Michael S.: A Bed of Nails. The History of P. MacCallum & Sons, Ltd of Greenock 1781-1981, a Study in Survival.
Lang & Fulton, Greenock, (c1982). 8vo, xii, 148 pp, ill.
Updated 1997-04-19 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives.
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.